Saturday, September 20, 2008

Smart is Sexy



17th Sept. 2008.
From young, I'd picked up reading like my family does & I enjoy visiting the library. In fact, I think I can lived off in a polished & filled up library. In primary & high school, I had read up all those fictions & storybooks in the school library but dissapointed that there's not enough reading materials for me to continue the other half of the year. Now, in my uni college, I'm dissapointed again that this time it's worse! There's no fictions or anything other than study books at the moment. Only those fully pictorials graphic/fashion/illustration & interior design books are worthy because they are part of my study. Or not it's totally an empty library with left & right wings. The left wing is always empty un less a queu by the students during exam week. And the right wing is filled with student in cliques just hanging out because they can plug their laptops. Hopefully, they college library buck up!

I ♥ reading! ♥ books, newspapers, magazines & online articles.
Anything I can get my hand to read is just pure excitement on the knowledge/adventure received. I ♥ all forms of fictions & non-fictions type of books-autobiography, chick-lits, mysteries, teen & adult, self-help, travel & adventures, Christianity, psychology, science theories & "Dear Thelma" types.I ♥ poems & languages.
I ♥ script writing, theather pieces & plan to read & write music notes! I'm a linguist by nature.

We are too civil to books. For a few golden sentences we will turn over and actually read a volume of four or five hundred pages. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


From every book invisible threads reach out to other books; and as the mind comes to use and control those threads the whole panorama of the world's life, past and present, becomes constantly more varied and interesting, while at the same time the mind's own powers of reflection and judgment are exercised and strengthened. ~Helen E. Haines


Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. ~Richard Steele, Tatler, 1710

No comments: